SAP Hybris for Customer Experience (CX)
SAP Hybris for Customer Experience (CX) provides completely new web content management (WCMS) experience for the users. The SmartEdit tool, a new light weight application built in Angular JS, is implemented on top of the existing CMS and provides a wrapper around the online responsive e-commerce storefront to provide features such asIn-context editing, drag-and-drop to add and move components around the page, allows toupdate and preview the website in the context of the end consumer across various inflection points.
Promotion Engine& Rule Engine
Promotion Engine provides advanced engine for managing marketing campaigns and promotions. Powered by the new Rule Engine that is part of the Hybris Commerce Suite 6.0. Promotion Engine allows business users to manage complex promotions with dynamic and flexible rules using the Rule Builder, an intuitive business tool based on Backoffice Administration Cockpit. The new Promotion Engine is a replacement for the Legacy SAP Hybris Promotion Module and offers many new features and architectural improvements.
Rule Engine which running on top of the SAP Hybris Commerce platform simplifies complex decision making logic into user-defined business rules and is shipped with ready-to-use commerce business objects such as product, cart, customer, and so on. Rule Engine uses Drools as the core Business Rule Management System.
Advancement in Customer Support
Customer Support for omni-channel commerce addsability to service B2C and B2B customers in all channels. With the Backoffice Customer Support Cockpit a Customer Support Agent can manage orders, tickets and customers’ accounts in an efficient way while allowing the Customer Support Agent to see what the customer sees on the Accelerator storefront using the Assisted Service Module. Itsaves implementation time by exposing all new storefront features to a Customer Support Agent without needing to implement these features directly in a call center cockpit.
Order Management for SAP Hybris Commerce is the bridge from your frontend commerce system to your back end. Distributed Order Management for Omni-Channel, Order Orchestration and Order Lifecycle Management are the three pillars of Order Management. Hybris commerce 6.0 highlights for Order Management include enhancements to Returns, Cancellation and Declines functionality, Backoffice Cockpits and SAP Backend integrations.
B2B Responsive Storefront Templates
6.0 DeliversB2B Commerce Accelerator sample storefront with improved and modern support for mobile as well as true multi-device support. Previous release provided a fully responsive B2C Accelerator, to simplify the creation of mobile optimized sites. Now both Accelerators B2B and B2C deliver the responsive feature. With 6.0 both B2B and B2C are running in a single Accelerator by made use of the development that was done within the B2C Accelerator.
SAP Hybris Merchandising
SAP deeply integrated SAP Hybris Commerce 6.0 with other components in the SAP CEC suite, e.g., SAP Hybris Marketing. SAP Hybris merchandising leverages the performance of SeeWhy and optimizes product merchandising on the storefront.
The merchandising solution consists of four key components:
- Recording of real-time data on product views, orders, and other shopper behaviors through a set of instrumentation added to the SAP Hybris commerce storefront
- A cloud-based SAP Hybris Merchandise Service that provides the storage and power to process the product and shopper data that streams from the storefront.
- A new workbench that features sliders that control the selection and weighting of products to be displayed on the storefront. The sliders are based on the shopper data captured by the storefront and retrieved from the merchandise service. This new merchandising workbench in SAP Hybris Commerce enables building product mixes and recommendations via an intuitive user interface.
- A new set of CMS components integrated with the storefront that displays contextually-relevant product mixes and recommendations to the shopper.
SAP Hybris Commerce B2B: Enhanced Features and Capabilities
A new web design accelerator storefront for B2C and B2B, in SAP Hybris Commerce 6.0, leverages the SAP Hybris add-on concept to mix B2C and B2B features into a single storefront.
Additional B2B features slated for release as the SAP Hybris 6.x roadmap continues to roll out in Q3 and Q4 of this year are:
- Configurable products and bundles
- Enhanced data model that maps your sales team to the B2B customer organization already modeled in SAP Hybris
- Saved carts and saved quotes
- Enhanced support for back-office quoting, including quote templates
SAP Hybris Commerce Data Hub
The SAP Hybris Commerce Data Hub which has clearly become the nucleus of the integration strategy in SAP Hybris 6.0, is at the center of a number of new features, including:
- Hybris-to-Hybris sync, which lets you synchronize data between separate SAP Hybris environments
- Integration to Hybris as a Service (YaaS)
- Enhanced integrations to ECC, Marketing, C4C, CPQ, and other components of the CEC portfolio
The key enhancements which will be included in the DATA Hub of SAP Hybris 6.0 are:
- In-memory processing
- Increased concurrency
- Single node with failover
- Automated resume on restart
Additional enhanced features, such as high scalability, clustering, and elasticity, are on the road map for SAP Hybris 6.1 and beyond.
SAP Hybris as a Service (YaaS)
What is SAP Hybris as a Service? In the words of SAP Hybris’s Chief Strategy Officer Brian Walker,
“A public cloud platform that allows everyone to easily develop, extend, and sell packages and applications.”
YaaS is a language-agnostic cloud platform that allows developers to create, package, and market microservices and mashup applications. Business users can consume these services via integration to their on-premise SAP Hybris Commerce implementation or directly by subscribing for the same. The YaaS marketplace today offers 19 microservices developed by SAP Hybris, with more on the way from the software giant and its partners.
SAP Hybris 6.0 includes an easy-to-configure mechanism that integrates SAP Hybris Commerce with YaaSmicroservices as well as other YaaS solutions such as SAP Hybris Profile, an intriguing new cloud service that captures customer interactions and behaviors from the storefront and builds real-time customer profiles that drive personalized marketing on the storefront.
What is the SAP Hybris 6.0 Release Schedule for 2016?
Q2: SAP Hybris 6.0 release
Q3: Version 6.1 planned for release
Q4: Version 6.2 planned for release
Later versions will include significant, new functionalities as well as enhancements to features that debuted in the SAP Hybris 6.0 release.
What does upgrading to SAP Hybris 6.0 involve?
The general ideas about migration requirements, based on past experience are as follows:
- The upgrade effort partly depends on what version of SAP Hybris you’re currently running
- The platform-level upgrade is mostly straightforward but will require some code changes because of changes to SAP Hybris’s APIs
- The storefront upgrade effort depends on whether you want to incorporate new SAP Hybris features into your existing storefront and how much customization you want
A couple of storefront-related items we have identified for Version 6 upgrades:
- If you want to add support for the new SmartEdit features in your existing storefront, you’ll need to update each JSP to add new attributes in the markup for the CMS components
- If you have developed custom CMS components, you might need to update the code in order to integrate them with SmartEdit
- If you’ve created custom promotions, you’ll have to re-implement them to get them working with the new promotions engine