The Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) offers a number of services for creating mobile apps and is optimised for use in business environments. Armed with the necessary expertise in application deployment and configuration, along with SAP back-ends and mobile client Kaavian can quickly help get the SAP SUP Mobile Apps up and running for your enterprise in no time.
Connection to various backend systems
- Data can be exchanged between the Sybase Unwired Server and various backend systems.
- These include SAP systems, databases and web services.
- The Sybase Unwired Server can act as a cache between mobile end devices and backend systems to permit flexible synchronisation.
Sybase Unwired Platform architecture
Creation of mobile apps
- Data exchanges are modelled in a graphical user interface based on Eclipse.
- User interfaces for simple HTML apps can be implemented using Rapid Application Development. These then run on the end devices within a hybrid web container app.
- SDKs (software development kits) are available for developing native apps for various end device platforms. These run within the respective applications.
Use of backend services by end devices
- The SUP functionality can be used on iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices.
- Offline functionality in custom apps can be achieved on end devices by embedding the appropriate SUP code libraries.
Administering applications and users
- Transmission security between the Sybase Unwired Server and the end devices is achieved through various methods such as SSL encryption and reverse proxies.
- Access permissions for applications, data and users are managed on the Sybase Unwired Platform. Active Directory and SAP roles can also be integrated.