Technologies and provides SAP solutions
SAP solutions were implemented for one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. The project was carried out in partnership with its parent organization.
The main objective was to implement a state-of-the-art solution to integrate processes and operations spread over US and Canada and accommodate industry specific needs. Also, leveraging new solutions to improve customer service, and reduce response-times from days to hours was focused upon.
All core business processes in the supply chain module were implemented. Work flow was used for approval procedures. Client specific programs and MIS reports were also developed.
SAP was decidedly the best choice for the ERP package because of the following aspects:
- Advanced best-of-breed, out-of the- box functionality
- Seamless integration with existing systems and customers/vendors and business intelligence software, lowering total
- cost of ownership
- User-friendly interfaces
- Support for future growth
Some vital business processes addressed during the implementation were:
- Mass maintenance of sales orders
- Handle to split the incoming purchase (sales) order based on specific criteria
- Handle to split the outgoing sales order based on specific criteria
- Powerful codes to handle more than 3000 sales orders per day
- File Extracts on Material masters and BOMs
- ALV Reports which ran up to five drill down levels
- Automated flow of WBS into Sales Order based on Custom Criteria.
The total project implementation time was 22,300 man hours, and the total number of consultants involved at any point in time was 27.
Major benefits on completion of the project were:
- Increased sales revenues; thanks to greater ability to anticipate and meet demand
- Improved customer satisfaction, and reduced the amount of canceled orders
- Overnight invoicing
- Short customer response times
- Tremendous flexibility for strategic inventory
Some of the key challenges faced while carrying out the project were:
- Replacing non-integrated legacy systems that were developed in-house
- Overcoming inefficiencies of decentralized business and production processes.